Feber – S/T E.P. 7″

feber_frontfeber_back
feber_label_afeber_label_b

Here’s a some what overlooked Norweigan classic, or at least no one bothered to tell me about it until a few years ago. Don’t know why as it’s really good and the band is sloppy in a very nice way. In Drom eller mareritt (dream or nightmare) the band is not too far away from hardcore, so it might be one of the earliest Norweigan hardcore songs. I bet someone will say something else and namedrop 25 bands and songs that was done before this one in Norway, as usual… That’s perfectly fine as my knowledge of punk and hardcore from our beloved rich neighbours is far from as good as it could be, so go ahead and enlighten me, punk!

Country: Norway
Year: 1981
Label: Tempererte Plater
Format: 7″
Full kontroll.mp3
Stimulans.mp3
Blir det krig.mp3
Drom eller mareritt.mp3

This entry was posted in 1981. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Feber – S/T E.P. 7″

Wow, I didn’t expect this one go down so well as it did. I believe the comment field is as full as it gets now!

2. Chano says:

I don’t know much about Norway, but this one is pretty good, i’d say. To me “Drom eller mareritt” is your typical fast and monotone punk number, nothing really special. The other slower songs are much more charming in their naivety. Thanks for sharing, these rips sounds great!

• Martin says:

Agreed Chano, I was just trying to get some attention for the post with the first HC stuff as it normally means a few ppl telling me that I’m wrong and know nothing bout punk etc. My personal fav is Full Kontroll.

3. Kjelli says:

Gunnar Nuven later became the singer of Svart Framtid, Kafka Prosess, So Much Hate, Crossbreed and 600Crazy. He is still going on as singer of Germanys Bone Idles. Great 7″ and one of many overlooked norwegian s 7″s, but then I’m biased.

4. jockney says:

good stuff,reminds me of a norwegian six minute war. great site by the way.

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

Norweigan Six Minute War :)??? Only heard the UK band.

• Martin says:

Ooh, that would’ve been funny Peter, if it wasn’t for that small detail on an “a” in jockney’s comment, which made it a bit harder to misunderstand in a funny Gothenburg way. Tillbaka till ritbordet med dig!

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

Strange! When I clicked the comment it was supposed to go to someone who’ve made the comment on the Urinals post. Well since it was for this one I agree. Odd comment from me. Disregard.