The Meanies – Waiting for you 7″

meanies_back
meanies_label_ameanies_label_b

For unknown reasons I don’t think Peter likes this one, which is totally wrong as it’s one of the greatest UK punk/ power poppers ever done. Both sides are smoking hot and oozing with sexuality despite the looks of the members. A-side is sort of slow and perfect for slow dancing with your baby, while the b-side is a bit faster and fits perfect for a nice shake with your favorite bad boy.

Top 3 on my list over the best UK punk & power pop 7inches from the 70’s!

Country: UK
Year: 1979
Label: Vendetta
Format: 7″
Waiting for you.mp3
It’s true.mp3

This entry was posted in 1979. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to The Meanies – Waiting for you 7″

1. Chano says:

I think Pete’s quite right about the A side. It’s a bit too slow and corny for my tastes. can’t listen to it for more than 30 seconds… The B side is awesome and has a kind of happy-go-lucky feel to it which i really like. Total winner! :-) Thanx!

2. florian says:

great record, thanks for this one !

3. luke says:

absolutely catchy. The second track is so cool. What would be your 2 other favorite power pop 7″ from the 70’s then ?

• The Carpettes – Small Wonder & The Now – Into the 80’s, at least today. Small Wonder is always on the list though, but the Now is sort of moving back and forth as Desperate Bicycles, the Rivals, ‘O’ level, TVP, SLF and a few others wants to be there most of the time as well.

4. Billy Bortosh says:

Very catchy songs! Both songs are really good. I say that and i’m not much of a power pop fan! It’s sorta punky so it helps! Thanks for the upload!

5. Aaron says:

Can’t hear the vocals so good. Especially when drinking …but love your blog !

6. jay says:

One of my favorites of all time! I’m surprised I didn’t hear it hear first.

7. zach says:

whoa i never even listened to the b-side before. always passed on this after hearing the a-side. boy was i missing out. “It’s True” is catchy as hell, thanks!

8. eliseo79 says:

if anyone has a copy they want to sell message me at [email protected]