WC – S/T 7″

wc_frontwc_back
wc_insert_frontwc_insert_lyrics
wc_label_awc_label_b

This is a repost from June 5th, 2006. Added more scans and new rips of both songs. First posted by TV EYE // Drummer

Win first price in a rockband contest and get to do a 7″?
Check!
2 songs and a total of over 8 minutes of music?
Check!
Make a super expensive cut-out sleeve?
Check!
Make a glossy full colour inner sleeve on your 7″?
Check!
Release it on a label called Drogfri (drug free)?
Check!
Look like you’re anything but drug free on the inner sleeve?
Check!
Find a singer who sounds A LOT like Thastrom?
Check!
Release the 7″ in an otherwise shitty year for Swedish punk?
Check!
Make sure that the 7″ is included in the entrance price at the release party and just a very few copies available in stores?
Check!
Realise that the 7″ is now sold for loads of $$$ on Ebay?
Check!
Make sure that it’s one hell of a record?
Check!

Country: Sweden
Year: 1983
Label: Drogfri
Polis, polis.mp3
Pappershjaltar.mp3

This entry was posted in 1983. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to WC – S/T 7″

1. jtheripper211 says:

this is good i like.

2. dewey.decimal says:

Love that shit! Fuck da polis!

3. dewey.decimal says:

who’s that wanker Jorgen trying to look like, one o’ those dudes in the Alarm?

Polis Polis, silly lyric great song.

5. Nils says:

KBD is the greatest mp3 Punk Blog ever!

by the way… check out my all new mp3 Blog: 7inchjunkies.blogspot.com

Old School Punk and Hardcore for the people who won’t pay for Punk Records! =)

greetings, Nils!

Glad you like the blog Nils. Will check out yours later on.

Maybe I should have dedicated this post to Bejhan as the drums on Polis, polis is AMAZING! Not complicated, but they really pushes the song forward all the time, and as I mainly listens to the bass and drums on records, the drums are what got me hooked on this record.

The Bejhan comment above refers to his comment on Bandage by the way

9. Keith says:

When was the album “…men vem fan vill” recorded and was it ever officially released? I heard it today for the first time (soulseek is great) but I can’t find any reference to it.

• The album was recorded in 1983 or 84 and never officially released for unknown reasons. I’ve heard some rumors that it will be released in 2010, but it might be nothing but rumors.
      WC means toilet (water closet) of couse, which explins why their audience threw TP on them.

10. Keith says:

oh, and what does WC stand for? Why would people throw toilet paper at them?

11. Aaron says:

What are the “silly” lyrics to “Polis, Polis”? Could you please translate at least some of them if it’s not too much trouble…or am I better off thinking they’re saying some really cool shit that I just can’t understand…? Haha

Either way, this is the best blog now, was, and ever shall be.

Just sayin’…

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

Thanks for the kind words Aaron :). I hope Martin will rise from the dead soon and give you a translation.

• Martin says:

I’m not dead, but my computer is still fucked in the head. No translation from me though as I don’t think the lyrics are that silly compared to Raped Teenagers’ lyrics

• The Flakes // Drummer says:

No lyrics can compete in sillyness compared to Raped except Crass maybe.

• OK. I’ll give the translation part a shot. It’s going to sound even sillier in english though, so beware…

“In your blue uniform, you are so fucking enormous,
            What the hell is wrong with you?
            You love to keep me opressed,
            Police brutality does not exist,
            I mean hey, it never happens to me…

Chorus:
            Police, police
            Don’t hit me anymore
            Police, police
            There’s more of you than of me
            Police, police
            You’re fucking law consists of threats and violence

If they’ve knocked you about
            And you try to speak up and shout
            “Say what? He fell down the stairs. So hard that his cheekbone went bust”
            And if they find you later on,
            Better find yourself a hospital bed.

Chorus

End”

Well, there you go. No pulitzer price for that one. It’s based on stuff that happened to friends of ours and the lyric was written when I was 15-16 years old.
            Cheers,
            Jörgen

This copy is for sale here; http://shop.ebay.com/javelinen/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562 as well as more great KBD punk.

13. Hi! This is the Alarm look-a-like wanker/singer of WC…:-)
    Just to let you know there is now a CD out. It took some time sweat and a lot of work from the guys running http://undefinedsounds.se but it’s now available on their website. We just had a brilliant releaseparty in Eskilstuna a couple of weeks ago…
    The original single, 12 old songs re-recorded in 1999 and some old demos are included on the album.
    Direct link here: http://shop.textalk.se/se/article.php?id=4887&art=9839825