Sack O Woes – The Paranoids Are Coming L.P. 12″

sackowoes_paranoids_frontsackowoes_paranoids_back

I’m not a fan or garage punk. Let’s just make that clear. Most of the bands lumped into that genre sounds the same to me. Boring distorted rock with boring distorted vocals. However I always liked Niels ex-Gepopel(yes one the best European HC bands ever) band Sack O Woes a lot. Here they do step on the garage punk pedal a bit too much for my taste most of the time. I think a band like this is more of a 7inch project. To prove it to you here’s a post I did a long time ago for the “Baby, I’m born old”, also take note that I slag garage punk here too:
https://kbdrecords.com/2006/10/10/sack-o-woes-baby-im-born-old-ep-7/. And to me their best effort to date with awesomeness personified in Doin’ Time:

However the packaging here is wonderfully done with one side screen printed and the other side full of sound. 350 copies made and two stand out tracks that I’ve posted here, the title track and the cream of the crop: Shelf Life who alone makes this disc worth buying.

Get in touch with Sack O Woes and purchase it now:

Country: Holland
Year: 2009
Label: Looprekords
Prodical Scum
Bombs Away
Midwife Crisis
S.I.C.K.
The Paranoids Are Coming.mp3
Shelf Life.mp3

This entry was posted in 2009. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Sack O Woes – The Paranoids Are Coming L.P. 12″

Not bad… I am going to listen to The Fall, Live at the Witch Trials, now…in case you were wondering?? : )

2. Senap says:

I’ll agree with Jay, not bad at all.

3. Sacko Van Der Made says:

Just wanted to point out the mp3 named The Paranoids Are Coming (track 5) is actually Shelf Life (track 6), while the mp3 named Shelf Life is the record’s 7th track (not listed above), called Woebegone. Well, that’s what you get with transparent vinyl!

4. Mike Danger says:

Nice name… Geza X and the Mommymen would be proud -_-

5. MindlessUniverse says:

I do not understand your aversion to garage punk…maybe you just haven’t heard any…listen to this simple, yet elegant song written and performed by a bunch of 13 and 14 year olds last year and tell me there isn’t something to be said, positively, for low production values and intense energy…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9paPXmAXH8

If you wanted to convert and teach me some GOOD garage punk why post a youtube link to something that totally SUCKS? Boring, uninspired and GENERIC. Heard it all before a million times.