The Wild Giraffes – Ensemble And Majorettes 7″

wildgiraffes_frontwildgiraffes_back
wildgiraffes_label_awildgiraffes_label_b

Wild Giraffes released a couple of records up till 1981(?) and I’ve only heard this little black pearl which is their second release. Well executed and totally great punk/powerpop in Love Me while When I Find Out is kind of art punk. Oh how I love all these labels. If the rest of their discography is as good as this I must dig up some more. Once again: Thank you Cleveland! Now: scooter time!

Year: 1978
Label: Neck
Love Me.mp3
When I Find Out.mp3

This entry was posted in 1978. Bookmark the permalink.

19,170 Responses to The Wild Giraffes – Ensemble And Majorettes 7″

1. Erich says:

Thank you Cleveland – and thank you, Peter! Never heard of this band before but me likes.

2. mrpoopy says:

I still have the 1981 LP. It contains similar tracks but is somewhat hit or miss.

Not too imressed, although it is not that bad. It could be Parkas Pop…and that would suck!

4. not guilty says:

Great stuff! Any chance you could upload the Easter Monkeys 12″ down the line?

5. Fred says:

In the late 70s we would see the Wild Giraffes play at Pirates Cove, which was in the Cleveland Flats, sometimes with Bernie and The Invisibles. Those were wild nights!

6. Rick says:

They financed Right Now themselves but had little success with exposure and distribution. They played a few Coffee Break concerts on mms. In 1979 they opened for Joe Jackson at Public Hall, and for Micheal Stanley at the Painesville Agora. They had an offer to be the back up band for Racheal Sweet but that would have meant losing Chris King their lead singer.

7. Steve says:

An excellent band…a GREAT live band. R.I.P Edgar.

8. david says:

these guys rocked! way overlooked and under-rated. RIGHT NOW deserves a CD re-issue by someone !!??? …. btw, very cool site.