Skams – S/T E.P. 7″

This is a re-post from July the 10th 2006. Added more scans and new rips of all 4 songs. First posted by the TV Eye // Drummer.

Here’s something I’m sure most of you geeky collectors and swe punk fans didn’t expect to see; all known sleeve versions of the popular Skams E.P.! I’m actually still surprised to see them myself, and would like to thank Peter J for his help with the additional scans. It seems like the Mona-Lisa and the live sleeve are most “common” while the Why sleeve is a new discovery to most collectors, even if there has been rumours about its existance for years and years. When I first heard about it, I got the impression that it was done in the late 80’s/ early 90’s, but judging from the paper quality and the print I’m sure that it was done at the same time as the other ones. The brown/ green paper bag was, according to the members I’ve talked to, used when they got tired of doing copies of the covers, so just for the sake of it, I decieded to include it here as well.

I have no idea of how many copies of each sleeve were made, but the Mona-Lisa version is one of the coolest looking sleeves I know, and all four songs are superb!

I just realized that I’ve done a handful of reposts of records that Packe posted the 10th of July, but if you check out that month in the archives you’ll be chocked, as 84 (!!!) records was posted during those 31 days! Summer vacations back then were hectic days.

Country: Sweden
Year: 1979
Label: Ny betong
Konfirmationen.mp3
Sodertull.mp3
Vart ska vi ta vagen?.mp3
Discoglin.mp3

This entry was posted in 1979. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Skams – S/T E.P. 7″

1. chano says:

Average…

First time I´m hearing the whole thing and expected more due to the demand for it. If every track was as good Vart ska vi vagen? it would´ve been a real winner.

3. Erich says:

quite a package! kinda makes up for the music.

4. elliott says:

ah it’s okay. yeah a shitload of records in july 06. i remember that was when i first got into the site but didn’t know any bands. anyway good but not great.

5. Levi Johnston says:

The tastes of Erich’s fanboys (“fan” which is an embarrassing moniker among those with an IQ above 55) are unreliable, especially when the (fudge-packing) fanboys praise the terrible Soft Boys cover band with the unfortunate almost almost Dungeons & Dragons name, Lightning Raiders. Metalheads want to be punks in the same way Zionists want to be Christians–reciprocity, of course, is not shared.

Not a great record, but as an historical document I think it is almost as top-notch, in its obscurity, as the Touch and Go collection.

6. Joe_King says:

WTF is goin’ on here? Not with the music but the comments…

Cheers for these Skams tunes!

7. ClashSUK says:

I don’t get it – this gets dissed and the Varicose Veins is deemed “good”? Owch! You guys need to clear out some of that ear wax, pronto!

8. LHOOQtius says:

More rad Swedish stuff I’d not heard before. Kick ass.
    I think my favorite cover is the first one, with the dead soldier.

9. Pelle Wengelin says:

Sweden 79, cool!

I have a spare copy of this with the 90s reproduced sleeve if anyone needs it. Not too expencive as I need some quick cash.